When you work with a real estate agent, you should demand nothing less than excellence in your broker. Take the few extra moments on the front end to do your due diligence in hiring an agent who truly represents your interests (only).
Can your prospective agent pass this minimal test?
1. Did she discuss agency relationships with you?
2. Can she tell you which price ranges, locations, and home styles are the best investment in her market?
3. Can easily discuss the hot trends in her market over the past 2 years?
4. Is she acquainted with all the details of the property she proposes to show you?
5. Has she thoroughly organized your day’s itinerary of appointments to see property?
6. Has she helped you understand the area in which you are looking?
7. Can she answer your questions regarding taxes, surveys, septic evaluations, home owners insurance, pest inspections, home inspections, appraisals, zoning and restrictive covenants?
8. Has she provided you with information before you even ask?
9. Has she provided you with comparables or a Comparative Market Analysis on a piece of property you are interested in?
10. Does she have a resource list for your use?
When it comes to selecting an agent who will provide you with a compelling customer experience, make sure you assess her commitment to you and her work ethic. After all, you deserve the best.
If you would like to know more about how I work with clients, please feel free to email me or call me at (828) 371-2079.